Ningbo University (NBU) is seeking a Dean of the College of Food and Pharmaceutical Sciences (CFPS).
About NBU and CFPS
NBU is a comprehensive and major university of Zhejiang Province. Founded in 1986, NBU now ranks top 100 in China and enrolled in “Double-First Class Construction Plan” by the Ministry of Education of China in 2015. NBU has 21 colleges/schools in 4 campuses; 10 Affiliated Hospitals including 6 Teaching Hospitals; 75 bachelor programs, 164 master programs, 16 PhD programs with a total of 32000 undergraduate students including 6100 graduate students and 2400 international students. Our mission is to educate and encourage students who seek purpose-filled lives, providing academic and social services for the community. The motto of NBU is "Seeking Truth from Facts and Applying the Knowledge to the World". College of Food and Pharmaceutical Sciences (CFPS) at Ningbo University is a newly established college integrating Department of Marine Pharmacy and Department of Food Science and Technology, with a prospect of developing an international college. Now we have some 50 faculty including 4 international faculty. Supported by the foreign expert base program by the State Administration of Foreign Experts, our research program focuses on marine drug discovery and healthy food development, which has formed international collaboration with universities and institutes worldwide, like University of California at San Diego, Northeastern University at Boston, University of Edinburgh, and University of Philippines. The college also has a 2+1+1 dual bachelor program with University Western Sydney on Food Science.
• Provide leadership, direction, and supervision to the college.
• Design and establish international management in the college with an international vision.
• Direct and collaborate with the chairs to recruit international faculty.
• Direct and collaborate with the chairs to develop international curriculum for undergraduate programs, including Marine Pharmacy and Food Science and Technology.
• In collaboration with the vice deans and chairs, supervise and evaluate the performance of the faculty and staff to decide discipline, promotion, and recognition of the faculty. Develop a culture of excellence, continuous improvement/development, and advancement for each of the faculty members.
• Actively engaging in fund raising activities with philanthropists and alumni.
• Develop a robust culture of international collaboration in teaching, research, and interaction through implementing international research projects, organizing international symposium, and international student exchange programs.
• Develop a culture and system that facilitate collaboration with the industry, technology transfer and new venturing by faculty and students.
• A terminal degree (e.g. Ph.D., PharmD, MD) and an internationally recognized researcher, conducting extramurally funded research in pharmaceutical science, food science, or biomedical related areas.
• A record of excellence in education and research with service commensurate with the rank of full professor.
• Demonstrated leadership, productivity, and administrative experience in higher education.
• Experience developing and administering curricular content for undergraduate and/or graduate students.
• Experience expanding and advancing higher education programs.
Benefits Package Highlights
• Internationally competitive salary with paid vacation, sick days and holidays.
• Competitive seed research fund, lab space and office space.
• Comprehensive state enforced university faculty benefits with health and dental insurance, annual physical examination and retirement package.
• Relocation compensation.
How to Apply
Please submit your application to Ms. Fang Deng (firstname.lastname@example.org) and Dr. Shan He (email@example.com) and ensure your application includes the following:
• Covering letter in which you address the Preferred Qualifications and salary requirements
• Current curriculum vitae/resume which should include:
• address, mobile and telephone number(s) and email address
• names, telephones and email contact of at least three referees (no contact will be made without your permission)
• employment history, including present position
• details of education, professional training and qualifications
• details of relevant professional, consulting or industry experience
• research interests, list of publications and research grants awarded
• any other relevant information, such as offices held in professional bodies, community service, awards, and key presentation in conferences.
• an indication of the earliest date on which you would be able to commence
• Application Open Date: Aug 15, 2018
• Application Close Date: Oct 15, 2018
• Interview: Nov 14-17, 2018 in Ningbo, China.